Moving clockwise for Whole Foods (WF):
* Chocolove Cherries at 73% cocoa (they have another red pkg that has only 53%), this is a great tasting bar. It is Belgian chocolate. Out of maybe 40 various chocolates evaluated, this is a TOP 6 CHOCOLATE BAR
About $3.25 for 3.2oz, see more:
****March update: since this has appeared on my website, WF has been out of it, but has assured me it will be back on their orders.
* Calamari: Best frozen calamari, among 3 different brands evaluated. Whole Foods can be expensive, but their 365 brand is actually very competitive @$6 for 12 oz. You can cook about 7 in the micro in 30 seconds.
* BEST FRESH PICKLES: Grillos pickles. These are very fresh and loaded with great flavor. New to WF. One of the best pickles tasted (better than "little salad bar" pickles - aldi's). WF said they were getting lots of positive feedback! For more info: www.grillospickles.com/products
* Gouda Young red waxed uniekaas: This is the best tasting gouda for the value (better than Aldi on this site) @6/lb. Creamy.
* BEST FROZEN PAD THAI (in frozen section): At only $5 for 2 servings, for the value and taste, this wins! IMO, Better than Healthy Choice, Annie Chuns, Saffron Road. It contains bean sprouts and crunchy toppings (not just noodles). You add protein of choice.
Note: Bean sprouts are getting hard to find in the raw variety.
"BEST OF" food categories, &
Food unique to each store with taste/health/$ in mind.
CLICK ON A CATEGORY to see all entries!